Top Los Angeles Migraine Specialist & Neurologist
Lisa Cook, MD and Andrew Blumenfeld, MD are board-certified Los Angeles migraine specialists & neurologists committed to providing excellent neurological care to the community.
- Over a Decade of experience in Neurology
- Board-certified Los Angeles Neurologist & Migraine Specialist
- Manages co-existing neurological disorders such as Epilepsy, Dementia, Stroke and Peripheral Nerve disorders
- Focuses on Chronic Migraine Disorder & Concussions
- Board-certified Los Angeles and San Diego Neurologist and certified in Headache Medicine
- Has over 100 peer review publications
- Helped develop the Botox injection protocol used in the pivotal migraine trials
- Focuses on the treatment of headache and chronic migraine disorder
Janée Malan PA-C
Janée joined the Los Angeles Headache Center as the physician extender to Dr. Andrew Blumenfeld and Dr. Lisa Cook. She is a Cum laude graduate of SCU with an emphasis in integrative medicine. Janée has spent her career focusing on the treatment of neurological conditions with a keen interest in the treatment of migraine and headache syndromes. Her passion for treating headache syndromes stems from a personal history of chronic migraine and she brings to the practice a unique understanding of the challenges faced by headache patients.
During her 20+ year career in patient care she has trained under and collaborated with leading specialists in their fields and served as a medical student mentor at the Beverly Hills Headache Institute and the Neurology Institute of Los Angeles.
Evaluation, Diagnosis and Treatment of Headache
- Our patient centered approach: empower patients to help control their disease, avoid analgesic use, have resources to keep them at work and out of the ER
- Rule out of secondary causes of headache, offer the latest acute and preventive medications and combination treatment to optimize effect,
- Nerve blocks
- CGRP monoclonal antibodies
The goal of the Los Angeles Headache Center team is to make a diagnosis of your headache disorder and put in place the appropriate acute and preventive steps to control it. This is a process that may take several visits to fine tune. The treatments are typically used for the long-term and our hope is to build a patient-provider relationship with each individual that we care for. We do not use opiate analgesia to control headaches as there are many alternatives to this approach.
Occipital Nerve Blocks:
Zoc Doc Reviews
The Headache Doctor
Being one of the best Los Angeles migraine specialists & neurologists, Dr. Lisa Cook M.D. has helped thousands of patients overcome chronic migraines, cognitive disorders, symptoms of CTE, seizures, and a wide variety of other neurological disorders. Finding a licensed and reputable Los Angeles neurologist can be a challenge. Dr. Lisa Cook is a board-certified Los Angeles neurologist that has been committed to providing excellent neurological to her community for close to a decade.
Dr. Cook received her undergraduate and medical school degree at the accelerated 7-year medical program at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Then completed her Neurology residency and Clinical Neurophysiology fellowship at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
She relocated to Los Angeles in 2009 and is enthusiastic in providing the utmost care to her patients. Dr. Cook is on staff at Cedars-Sinai and is actively involved in teaching residents and medical students in the Neurology stroke fellowship program. In addition, she is a part of the Cedars-Sinai stroke team and aggressively pursues stroke intervention in complex decision-making treatment for patients that qualify. This comprehensive stroke coverage includes Cedars Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital and Torrance Memorial Hospital. She is also serving as the Neurology Director at Cedars-Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital. Lastly, she is also currently working with NFL Concussion Settlement program and one of select MAF and BAP certified neurologists who is able to assess NFL players involved in the settlement due to concussion related injuries.