Dr Andrew Blumenfeld is Director of The Headache Center of Southern California, San Diego; and co-Director of The Los Angeles Headache Center. He has offices in San Diego and Los Angeles. He is Board-certified in Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and is also certified in Headache Medicine.
Dr Blumenfeld is a member and fellow of both the American Academy of Neurology and the American Headache Society. He is the founding chair of the American Headache Society section on Interventional Procedures for Headache. He has published widely and has over 100 peer review publications. One of his manuscripts was voted the top publication in the Headache journal.
His research interests have focused on the use of Botox for migraine. He helped to develop the injection protocol used in the pivotal migraine trials and has injected more patients for this condition than any other provider in the world. He teaches other providers on this procedure nationally and internationally.
He has been an active researcher in headache with over 10 issued patents for various treatments.
- Blumenfeld AM, Tepper SJ, Robbins LD, et al. Effects of onabotulinumtoxinA treatment for chronic migraine on common comorbidities including depression and anxiety. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry.
- Blumenfeld NB
- Blumenfeld Cephalagia 2010 Epub
- Burnstein – MOA of Botulinumtoxin A in Migraine – Head 13849
- Brin MF et al. Pregnancy outcomes following exposure to onabotulinumtoxinA. Pharmacoepidemiology and drug safety (2015)
- Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia
- Goadsby et al 2020 Time Course of Efficacy of Ubrogepant
- Head 2058
- Head 2071
- Head 12053
- Head 12053
- Headache Response 2011 
- PREEMPT (Injection Paradigm) E-Published 4-7-17
- Sanderson JNNP 2013 HRU in EM and CM in 6 countries
- SPG Review – Headache 2015